Sunday, April 15, 2007

Alberta Ferretti launches kids' line


Italian fashion house Alberta Ferretti is launching childrenswear for girls aged 4 to 12. The collection, which will debut at trade fair Pitti Bimbo in Florence this summer, is being produced by Bologna-based Grant SpA under a five-year licensing contract.
"I'd wanted to do this for a long time," the designer said, adding that the collection will be neither over the top high end nor streetwear. I can't stand little girls dressed as women. I find that vulguar, and I think we should plant the seeds of good taste early on. At the same time, I don't want the line to be boring, either. These clothes will be practical, for daily use, easy to wear, fun and feminine. I feel there is a market for this kind of product."
The first collection will hit stores in spring 2008 and will consist of about 90 items, including T-shirts, trousers and coats in cotton and jersey. The collection will be marketed in the high segment of the market and should be available worldwide at 400 points of sale within the first year.

No comments: