Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Belle du Silence - Silent Beauty

"I am a master at reading lips," says Brenda Costa, who has just shot the latest L'Oreal campaign in Paris and is currently in London to shoot a new set of ads for Jasmine de Milo. The Brazilian Premier model is deaf, and takes instructions on shoots by making hand signals and reading lips. "For sure, it can be very difficult, but I deal very well. I consider myself very professional and, thank God, I've never lost any job. I have a great relationship with photographers and they always love me! We overpass any difficulty." Costa then decided to pen a book about her experiences in the fashion industry. "In the very beginning, I used to feel a kind of bad preconception of who I was because I was deaf, from producers and from other models. As time passed, I've set my own standards in the fashion market and now I'm welcome everywhere I go. I think it's very important to transmit to people my life experience. This book is all about my life and I intend to show how positive I am - and how positive all of us can be. I want to send this positive energy to deaf people everywhere. We can reach our dreams, we just need to be strong." Belle Du Silence is published by Michel Lafon Editions.

No comments: