Monday, April 30, 2007

Chloe's fashion statement


"I don't find trashy sexy," Chloe Sevigny says, after being described as sexier than Paris Hilton. "I think it's sexy to be a little bit mysterious." The actress, 32, is now famed as much for her role as fashion icon as she is for her parts in the film Boys Don't Cry and the TV drama Big Love. Having been cast in campaigns for Miu Miu, Louis Vuitton, M&M and Mac's Viva Glam range, Sevigny reveals how she discovered a soft spot for fashion at a young age. "My father was very stylish and my mother took me thrifting. It was very frugal, so I guess I had to find little treasures. My older brother was into skate-punk, so I wanted to be like him. Because the town was all homogenised blonde, blue-eyed preppy girls, I wanted to be able to identify with reject, misfit kids from other towns. Your outfits were your flag." Her outfit of choice for her first day of high school? "Wing-tip, steel-toe Dr. Martens, striped stockings, a turtleneck and mini-miniskirt. The boys were like 'Ee-yew' - Pippi Longstocking!'"

No comments: